Today...
... I went to view the embalmed corpse of Ho Chi Minh, as one does in Hanoi. Habitual may it well be to shuffle through the mausoleum housing the mortal remains of the father of the nation, I find this nonetheless a very strange activity.
... the sun shone on Hanoi, rain bucketed down on Hanoi.
... I discovered that traffic collisions are the number one cause of child mortality in Vietnam. This is not a surprise.
... I leave Hanoi on a sleeper train bound for Hue.
... I turned down a marriage proposal from a dwarf. If the proposal was not a serious one, it was certainly delivered in earnest.
... is Franz Kafka's birthday.
... I went to the Vietnamese Ethnological Museum and wondered why there was a couple having their wedding photographs taken in the exhibition halls and the gardens.
... I ate pho for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment